Ficus Repens, Wagh Nakhi, Creeping Fig - Plant
Description for Wagh Nakhi, Ficus Repens, Creeping Fig
Creeping fig has small, heart-shaped leaves that densely cover its long stems. Its growing habits make it a versatile plant indoors. To show off its thickly leafed vines, put this trailing, climbing, creeping ficus plant, Better yet, you can train its aerial roots to sink into a moss support, trellis or topiary.
Tie it loosely to a support with florist's wire and this climbing fig will readily take hold.Want another option? Plant it as a ground cover beneath a tall house plant and allow the stems to spill over the sides of the container. It makes a nice complement to Norfolk Island pine or a braided weeping fig
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Ficus pumila,Ficus Repens, Creeping Fig.||-||-||1.5 to 2 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
proper indoor creeping fig care, the soil should be kept moist but not overly wet. It is best to check the top of the soil before watering. If the top of the soil is dry, it needs to be watered. A large growing woody, ivy like, evergreen climber. Leaves are rough deep green 2 - 3 cm long. The shoots grow close to the wall by clasping the surface with nodal roots. Effectively covers bare walls with small green leaves.- The fruit is a large fig shaped and sized fruit.
|Full sun||Well drained soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Wagh Nakhi
- Bright light. Will tolerate low light, but not direct sun. Dry, shriveled leaves are caused by too much sun.
- Keep soil lightly moist spring through fall. Water less in winter.
- Humidity: Moderate to high room humidity.
- Temperature: Will tolerate cool to warm temperatures (55 to 85 F - 13 to 29 C).
- Soil: Any good potting mix.
- Fertilizer: Feed monthly spring through fall with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half.
- Propagation: Take stem cuttings in spring and root in fresh potting mix.
Typical uses of Wagh Nakhi
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.