Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine - Plant
Description for Raat Ki Rani, Raat Rani, Night Blooming Jasmine
The cestrum nocturnum is known as night-blooming cestrum, night-blooming jasmine, night jasmiine, night scented jessamine, night jessamine, lady of the night, queen of the night, raat ki rani, Raatraani or Raatriraani, Night Queen, Hasna Hena (HasnÃ¼hana ) The Cestrum nocturnum is easy-to-grow and care in warm climates that blooms multiple times begining the summer months. This plant is vigorous and fast-growing.It can be easily grown in a pot or container like Arabian jasmine plant. The plant may need some care in cold environments.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Night-blooming jasmine, night-blooming cestrum, lady of the night, queen of the night, night-blooming jessamine, Hasna Hena||White||August to October.||(13 ft)||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
|Though Night Blooming jasmine blooms in night, it requires at least 4 to 5 hrs of sun light or light partial shade each day to bloom and good growth. Avoid excessive sun exposure too as it cause leaves to wilt.||Well-drained soil||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.||30 deg C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Raat Ki Rani
- Raat ki rani grows best when trimmed and kept in the size and shape of a bush otherwise it grows thin developing a long stem trailing like a climber and taking over the other pots.
- It alsolooks good when the white flowers grow on the bush and the sight is wonderful to see the round shape of the raat ki rani bush laden with tiny tubular while flowers growing in bunches drooping down with its weight, and of course the heavenly fragrance.
- Night blooming jasmine blooms only when weather is warm.
- The night blooming jasmine grows well in full sun light or partial shade.
- If they are in frost areas, consider planting under a tree.
- If frost is expected, move the plant indoors or under shelter.
- The plant will die if exposed to frost but will grow again in the spring.
Typical uses of Raat Ki Rani
Special features: Night scented jessamine the cestrum nocturnum flowering bush can grow in all climates and is an evergreen flowering bush.
Culinary use: leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Herbal Medicine