Pink Lily, Hybrid Lotus (Pink, light Lavender) - Plant
Alpinia zerumbet, commonly known as shell ginger, is a perennial species of ginger native to East Asia. They can grow up to 8 to 10 ft tall and bear colorful funnel-shaped flowers.
Common name: Alpinia zerumbet
Bloom time: White
Height: 2.00 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The mulch should feel moist but not wet.
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering.
- Keep moist in winter.
- Apply a thin layer of compost each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch.
Large containers. Houseplant. Greenhouses. Garden annual. As a houseplant, consider A. zerumbet ‘Variegata’ which is a smaller, more compact plant with variegated foliage.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
No serious insect or disease problems.