Hemerocallis, Day Lily ( Mix Color ) - 10 Bulbs
This stunning Daylily collection includes 5 different, hybrid Daylilies that top the list of gardeners favorites time and again. This Daylily mix is perfect for large plantings, banks, or any spot in the garden that needs a burst of reliable color!
Common name: Prickly Waterlily, Prickly Water Lily, Gorgon Plant, Fox nut
Bloom time: Early to late summer
Height: Up to 36" tall
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Daylilies planted during the growing season might not bloom until next summer. Add some compost to the planting hole, and space plants 1-2 feet apart. Position the crown of the plant no more than an inch below the soil level. Water well, add some mulch, and watch them grow!
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Daylilies (Hemerocallis spp.
- ) aren t actually part of the lily family -- their botanical name actually means beauty of the day, which is appropriate for this easy-to-grow perennial.
Harvesting: In early spring, harvest the shoots when they first emerge and are completely tender.
- Dig your hole twice as wide and deep as the root spread.
- Place the plant so the crown (the part where the roots meet the stem) is about 1 inch below ground level.
- Fill in the hole with your amended soil and water well.
- After planting daylilies, keep them well watered for a few weeks until the roots are established.
- The root also has a folk history of use in the treatment of cancer.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.