Bush Allamanda (Yellow) - Plant
Description for Bush Allamanda (Yellow)
As shrub Allamanda grows very thick and get covered with yellow bell shaped 3 to 4 inches long blooms in growing season .
Although it doesn t have tendrils to climb but provided support can grow as vine too.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Also Known as Allamanda cathartica, Golden Trumpet Bush, Buttercup Flower, Golden Bell. Bengali - Harkakra, Kannada - Arasinhu, Malayalam - Kolaambi, Telugu - Allenandatheega, Marathi - Pivlee Ghunti, Hindi - Pilaghanti.||Yellow.||Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter||4-6 ft.||Easy.|
Planting and care
Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time. You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size , make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water. Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
|Full sun to Partial shade.||Soil pH 7.6 to 7.8 (mildly alkaline).||Requires consistently moist soil. Do not let dry out between waterings.||These tender plants will not withstand temperatures below 25 degrees F.||Feed the plant with liquid fertilizer in growing season and cut it down to once a month in winter.|
Caring for Bush Allamanda
- Allamanda is a bushy nature plant, large sized container is preferable as the plant gets heavy with the time.
- You may need to repot it every year. Regardless of size , make sure container has drainage holes at bottom to ensure smooth drainage of water.
- Put stone or brick pieces on the holes.
- Allamanda grows very rapidly and needs pruning due to its bushy nature.
- Also pruning increases air circulation in plant required for good growth.
Typical uses of Bush Allamanda
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Some leaves are green and some leaves are greenish yellow but anyway it looks great!
Is it a live plant?