Pepper Sky BOR 10 - Seeds ( buy1get1free )
Description for Pepper Sky BOR 10
Bell peppers are one of the most popular vegetables grown in home gardens. The bell pepper is native to Central and North America and is easy to grow. There is now a much wider variety of peppers to choose from with different colours and even different shapes.
Peppers are a tender, warm-season crop. They resist most pests and offer something for everyone: spicy, sweet or hot, and a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. For this page, we will focus on sweet bell peppers.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|ornamental pepper, Bell pepper,Paprika, Capsicum annuum, Indian name Shimala mirch||white||Year round||1 to 3 feet||Easy|
Planting and care
|partial sun/shade â€“ around 3-4 hours of morning/evening sunlight with some afternoon shade.||Loamy with neutral pH||When watering your plants, you want to keep a consistent moistness to the soil, but do not allow it to get soggy during the growing season. If the plants do not get enough water, the bell peppers will have a bitter taste. If you use a black plastic mulch, you will need to water the plants more frequently.||18Â°C and 35Â°C.||To improve the quality of your peppers, place a small amount of fertilizer around each plant early in the growing season. Place the fertilizer about 4 inches from the stem and add water to work it into the soil.|
Caring for Pepper Sky BOR 10
- Soil should be well-drained, but maintain adequate moisture either with mulch or plastic covering.
- Water one to two inches per week, but remember peppers are extremely heat sensitive. If you live in a warm or desert climate, watering everyday may be necessary.
- Fertilize after the first fruit set. Weed carefully around plants.
- If necessary, support plants with cages or stakes to prevent bending.
- Try commercially available cone-shaped wire tomato cages.
- They may not be ideal for tomatoes, but they are just the thing for peppers. For larger fruit, spray the plants with a solution of one tablespoon of Epsom salts in a gallon of water, once when it begins to bloom, and once ten days later.
Capsicum will be ready for harvest about 2 months from planting. Capsicum of hybrid varieties start green and then mature to the their original color. Unlike the Hybrid varieties, the colour of the heirloom Capsicums results from their genetics, and not just the stage of ripeness.
Typical uses of Pepper Sky BOR 10
For maximum flavour, eat peppers on the same day they are picked. You can also leave them on a kitchen counter for a day or two to ripen further.
Do not place peppers in the crisper drawer or in plastic wrap or bags in the refrigerator. Peppers are warm-weather fruits and do not store well in cold temperatures. If you have too many peppers, consider the following storage options.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Some good number of seeds have germinated . Would know better later on when they would eventually produce flower & egg plant
Very good seeds growing well
I have sowed seeds and all of them grew.. Very Perfect can give more stars