Water Melon F1 Yellow King - Seeds - buy 1 get 1 free
Description for Water Melon F1 Yellow King
Everyone seems to love juicy watermelon in the summertime. Native to Africa, melons need warm temperatures (up to 80 degrees during the day) and a long growing season.
Gardeners in colder climates can still have success in growing watermelon by starting seeds indoors and choosing short-season varieties. Days to maturity range from 70 to 90, depending on the variety.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Watermelon||-||Summer||24" Growth habit make it a creeper||Easy|
Planting and care
Growing watermelons requires lots of space, lots of sun, lots of water and lots of nutrients.
|Full Sun||Sandy and well drened, soil pH between 6 and 6.8.||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season||Daytime temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees F and nighttime temperatures between 65 and 70 degrees F are ideal.||Spray plants with liquid fertilizer and seaweed throughout the garden season.Use fertilizers before planting in soil. Apply 5:10:10|
Caring for Water Melon F1 Yellow King
- Mulching with black plastic will serve multiple purposes: it will warm the soil, hinder weed growth and keep developing fruits clean.
- While melon plants are growing, blooming, and setting fruit, they need 1 to 2 inches of water per week.
- Water at the vine s base in the morning, and try to avoid wetting the leaves and avoid overhead watering.Reduce watering once fruit are growing. Dry weather produces the sweetest melon.
- Pruning isn t necessary, but vine productivity may be improved if you do not allow lateral (side) vines to grow and stick to the main vine When the plant is young, just cut off the end buds as they form (before the side shoots become vines).
- As fruit is ripening, prevent rotting by gently lifting it and putting some cardboard or straw between the fruit and the soil.
Typical uses of Water Melon F1 Yellow King
Special features: Days to maturity range from 70 to 90, depending on the variety.