Description for Lettuce Romaine Imported
Lettuce greens are so easy to grow, so nutritious, and so delicious picked fresh from the garden, that everyone should grow them. Grow lettuce in the vegetable garden, tuck it into flowerbeds, or cultivate it in containers. With regular watering, shade from hot sun, and succession planting, you can enjoy home-grown lettuce almost year-round in much of the country.
From baby leaf lettuce to big, crisp heads, lettuce is easy to grow in spring and fall, when the soil is cool. Leaf colour and texture vary with variety. All types of lettuce grow best when the soil is kept constantly moist, and outside temperatures range between 45 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread: 0.5 to 2 feet
Planting and care
Caring for Lettuce Romaine Imported
- You should be able to sow additional seeds every two weeks for a continuous harvest throughout the growing season.
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting. Lettuce prefers soil that is high in humus, with plenty of compost and a steady supply of nitrogen to keep if growing fast. Use organic alfalfa meal or a slow-release fertilizer.
- To plant a fall crop, create cool soil in August by moistening the ground and covering it with a bale of straw. A week later, the soil under the bale will be about 10 degrees F (6 degrees C) cooler than the rest of the garden. Sow a three foot row of lettuce seeds every couple of weeksâ€”just rotate the straw bale around the garden.
- Make sure soil remains moist but is well-drained.
- An organic mulch will help conserve moisture, suppress weeds, and keep soil temperatures cool throughout the warmer months.
- Lettuce will tell you when it needs water. Just look at it. If the leaves are wilting, sprinkle them anytimeâ€”even in the heat of the dayâ€”to cool them off and slow down the transpiration rate.
- Weed by hand if necessary, but be careful of plant roots: They are shallow.
- Planning your garden so that lettuce will be in the shade of taller plants, such as tomatoes or sweet corn, in the heat of the summer, may reduce bolting.
Typical uses of Lettuce Romaine Imported
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I WAITING FOR THE RESULT, IF IT SUCCESSFUL I WILL RECOMMEND TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ABOUT THIS
seeds germination rate is good
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
Seeds are Ok .. germination took about 25 Days ..
Any query about lettuce romaine imported - seeds