Cucumber Beit Alpha - Seeds ( buy1get1free )
Description for Cucumber Beit Alpha
No summer garden should be without cucumbers. They are very easy to grow and are very prolific. Planted in a section of the garden that receives full sun and has an evenly moist, fertile soil, success is almost guaranteed.
Ease-of-care: easy, Cucumbers are not hard to grow if you provide good soil, plenty of moisture and full sun, wait for soil and weather to warm before planting, and use fabric row covers if pests are a problem.
Height: 1 to 6 feet, Vining varieties can climb up to 6 feet with support, or hug the ground if allowed to sprawl.
Spread: 1 to 6 feet, Bush varieties take up only 2 or 3 square feet, while unsupported vining varieties can run along the ground for 6 or more feet.
Savour the taste of summer with your own home grown cucumbers. Cucumbers are an essential ingredient for adding to sandwiches, delicious salads, and those long, cool summer drinks on the patio.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Cucumis Sativus (Botanical name)||-||Year round||Very long vine with wide spacing.||Easy|
Planting and care
|Sun/Part Shade||Ideally, soil should be neutral or slightly alkaline with a pH of 7.0. Improve clay soil by adding organic matter. Improve dense, heavy soil by adding peat, compost or rotted manure.||Just keep the soil consistently moist with an inch of water per week (more if temperatures sizzle and rain is scarce). Inadequate or inconsistent moisture causes oddly shaped or poor-tasting fruit.||70-85Â° (21-29Â° C)||You can fertilize with a liquid food, every 2 weeks, applying it directly to soil around plant stems. Or you can use a granular, slow-release fertilizer worked into the soil when you plant or sprinkled around the plants later.|
Caring for Cucumber Beit Alpha
- When planting seeds in the ground, cover with netting or a berry basket to keep pests from digging out the seeds.
- When seedlings emerge, begin to water frequently, and increase to a gallon per week after fruit forms.
- When seedlings reach 4 inches tall, thin plants so that they are 1Â½ feet apart. If you have worked in organic matter into the soil before planting, you may only need to side-dress your plants with compost or well-rotted manure. Or, if you wish, use a fertilizer from your garden store which is low nitrogen/high potassium and phosphorus formula and apply at planting, 1 week after bloom, and every 3 weeks with liquid food, applying directly to the soil around the plants. Or, you can work a granular fertilizer into the soil. Do not over-fertilize or the fruits will get stunted.
- Water consistently; put your finger in the soil and when it is dry past the first joint of your finger, it is time to water. Inconsistent watering leads to bitter-tasting fruit. Water slowly in
- the morning or early afternoon, avoiding the leaves. Mulch to hold in soil moisture.
- If you have limited space or would prefer vertical vines, set up trellises early to avoid damage to seedlings and vines.
- Spray vines with sugar water to attract bees and set more fruit.
Typical uses of Cucumber Beit Alpha
Culinary use: Pickling cucumbers are smaller than slicing ones.cucumber is mainly used as salad.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
All seeds germinated waiting to grow 2 weeks over growing nicely
Seeds are Ok .. germination took about 25 Days ..
Good Product, need to have more Seeds.....