Football Lily - 4 Bulbs
The pack contains 5 bulbs each of
- Gladiolus bulbs
- Rajanigandha bulbs
- Zephyranthes bulbs
*Offer valid till stock last.
*Use coupon : NLGRZB
it has been used as a component of arrow poisons and fishing poisons, as well as in traditional medicine. Common names, some of which are used for other species, include blood lily
Common name: African Blood Lily
Color: dark red
Bloom time: every summer
Height: 12-18 in. (30-45 cm)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This lily with its peculiar round shape is also known as powder puff or globe lily. A native of Africa, this plant grows well in all tropical places. It comes in pink and red shades. There is another in white colour known as Haemanthus virasense.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 12 degrees celcius)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Bulbs or saplings can be planted during February / March in pots filled with equal parts of sand, gravel and dried cow dung powder.
- Its lifecycle completes in two stages.
- The plant grows in the first stage till November/December.
- The fully grown leaves die off in winter and the bulbs remain dormant.
- Manure made of dead leaves gives the best results.
- There is no need for chemical fertilizers.
- The dormant bulbs should be lightly watered once in a while.
- Plants can be propagated by scoring the base of the bulb to promote new bulb-lets and by sowing seeds.
- Seeds should be sown as soon as it is collected as they does not store well.
Growing Football lilies in the garden is a great way to add seasonal interest.
- (Haemanthus multiflorus)
:for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.