crocus siberi tricolour - 4 bulbs - buy 1 get 1 free
Saffron Flower is a beautiful flower grown mostly in Kashmir in India. Saffron, which has for decades been the world s most expensive spice by weight, is native to Southwest Asia. It was first cultivated in the vicinity of Greece.
Common name: Species Crocus
Bloom time: september
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
When you receive your spring bulbs (tulips, daffodils, etc.) keep them in a dry, dark, cool place until ready to plant. They need air circulation so they will not collect moisture and rot. Planting times can vary from early October in the North to mid-to-late November in the southern regions. A good rule of thumb is to plant them about 6 weeks before the ground is frozen or after the first hard freeze.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 15 degree
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- A compost enriched, well-drained soil is best.
- Incorporate a good quality organic compost as needed.
- Yum Yum Mix® is recommended as an excellent source of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium needed for strong plants and healthy roots.
- Mix a small amount into the bottom of the hole before planting your bulbs.
- Once your bulbs have bloomed, allow the bulb foliage to brown and fade naturally, since the leaves are feeding the bulb in the ground.
- Removal of foliage weakens the bulb and leads to fewer blooms the following year.
- Planting your bulbs amongst your perennials is one way to conceal the dying bulb foliage.
- The perennials begin to grow and fill out as the bulb foliage dies back
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent.
Fall bulbs are shipped at the proper planting time for your hardiness zone. Perennial orders may arrive separately from bulbs and seeds.
for medicinal use
http://www.highcountrygardens.com/flower-bulbs/crocus-flower-bulbs/crocus-sieberi-bulbs-tricolor http://www.americanmeadows.com/flower-bulbs/crocus-flower-bulbs/crocus-bulbs-tri-color http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=crocus+&stpos=0&stype=AND