(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii, Snake Plant (Small)
It is an evergreen herbaceous perennial plant forming dense stands, spreading by way of its creeping rhizome, which is sometimes above ground, sometimes underground. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a basal rosette.
It is tough, durable and highly tolerant of low light and poor soil conditions. The tall, narrow, sturdy leaves are stiff and pointed. Colors include dark green, pale green, green edged with yellow, and variegated light green and yellow. Some species send up delicate flower spikes.
The Sansevieria is the perfect addition to any indoor garden setting. With over sixty different varieties to choose from, everyone is sure to find the perfect match for their taste.
It is an evergreen herbaceous perennial plant forming dense stands, spreading by way of its creeping rhizome, which is sometimes above ground, sometimes underground. Its stiff leaves grow vertically from a basal rosette. Mature leaves are dark green with light gray-green cross-banding.
Planting and care
Snake plants produce rhizomes and are easily divided. Although this can be done any time, spring is best. Your newly propagated plants will also grow faster as summer is growing season.
You can also propagate snake plants through leaf cuttings. Just cut 2 to 3-inch pieces of a leaf and place them about 1 inch deep in soil appropriate for snake plants. Make sure to plant cuttings facing up, the same direction they were growing.
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
- Place sansevierias in moderately bright or filtered light. Good locations include a spot in front of a north-facing window or in front of a bright, sunny window covered by a sheer curtain.
- Although the plant tolerates low light, bright light brings out the colors in the leaves. However, intense light may cause the edges of the leaves to turn yellow.
- Allow the soil to dry completely before watering, and then water deeply until water drips through the drainage hole. Allow the pot to drain and then discard water that remains in the saucer.
- Never allow the soil to become soggy and never let the pot stand in water. Water sparingly throughout the winter.
- Like most succulent plants that store water in their leaves, sansevieria rots quickly in the excessively wet soil. Place sansevieria in average room temperatures.
- Protect the plant from drafts and cold temperatures as it is damaged at temperatures below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Feed the plant once every three weeks throughout the summer.
- Use a general-purpose fertilizer for houseplants diluted to one-half the strength suggested on the container.
- Sansevieria is a light feeder and too much fertilizer makes the leaves fall over.
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
Special features: The plant convert CO2 to oxygen at night also.
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
Medicinal use: The Snake Plant, or Mother-in-Law s Tongue, is one of the most recommended plants for improving air quality. The optimal place to keep this relatively inexpensive and low-maintenance plant is the bedroom, because it converts CO2 into oxygen at night.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Does it comes with soil?
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Very good. Worth the price
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .