** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Anthurium (Red)
Anthuriums are herbaceous epiphytes native to tropical America. Anthurium is a genus of more than 800 species found in the New World tropics from Mexico to northern Argentina and Uruguay.
The leaves are often clustered and are variable in shape. The inflorescence bears small flowers which are perfect, containing male and female structures. The flowers are contained in dense spirals on the spadix. The spadix is often elongated into a spike shape, but it can be globe-shaped or club-shaped. Beneath the spadix is the spathe, a type of bract.
Anthuriums are grown for their brightly coloured flower spathes and their ornamental leaves. In Greek, the name Anthurium means tail flower. The plant s stem lengths may grow to a height of 15-20 inches depending on the size of the spathe, i.e., the bigger the spathe, the longer the stem.
Its leaves are usually simple, large, attractively coloured and borne on long stalks. The flowering stalk is slender, ending in a fleshy column crowded with many uni-sexual flowers. They have leafy bracts which may be white, yellow, red, pink, orange or green.
Planting and care
Caring for Anthurium
- Anthuriums need a high light but not direct sunlight.Remove dead and unsightly foliage and faded or brown flowers.
- Use a peat moss base.
- Do not over-water the anthuriums as it may cause root damage and yellowing of the leaves.
- Avoid droughts and strong temperature fluctuations.
- In winter, Anthurium plants need a 6 week rest period at a 15 degrees C with little water. This allows the plant to flower profusely again in the following season.
- Pinch off the dead flower, leaving the stem and any remaining flower buds intact.
- Dead flower removal prevents seed formation and encourages a new set of flowers on some aster varieties.
Typical uses of Anthurium
Special features: The anthurium plant is grown as a houseplant in cooler areas.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. It generally kept indoors in a living room and in terrace area.
Medicinal use: There are reports showing the use of anthurium in steam for the discomforts of arthritis and rheumatism. You cut up the leaves and boil it in a pot and have the person sit over it in a chair with a blanket. The person sweats and the medicinal properties enter the body through the open pores. Also indicates it to be useful as a poultice for muscle aches and cramps.
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Plants are awesome.. the quality is just fantastic. .....I gifted it to my mom on her anniversary
Plant reached in excellent condition along with promised pot
Gift for my father and he loved it
Its been a month I bought this plant. It came with very few broken leaves but its growing fast now. Very happy with this one.
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
Any query about anthurium (red) - plant