(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Davallia Trichomanoides, Small Rabbit Foot Fern
The plant is called umbrella plant because it has a grass-like habit with sprays of foliage at the top of the stems. These sprays of foliage radiate out like the spokes in an umbrella. The stems are rigid and triangular and have white pith inside. The pith is the source of papyrus paper. Papyrus has no frost tolerance and should be moved indoors for the winter.
In their native habitat, these ferns are often epiphytic, which explains their creeping rhizomes. In indoor cultivation, they are frequently grown as hanging plants or long-term potted plants.
Planting and care
Along with clumping ferns, the Davallia are relatively easy to propagate. You can propagate from spores, but it s just as easy to divide the underground rhizome and split your fern in two, potting up each half into a new container.
It s best to perform this operation on older plants so you can get the most viable rhizome possible.
Caring for Davallia Trichomanoides
- These do not need frequent repotting and in fact should be encouraged to overgrow their pots a little bit.
- This is especially true for hanging plants, which look better when they cascade slightly and their unique rhizomes are visible protruding from the container.
- For best growth, repot every other year.
- Be aware that these plants are very sensitive to accumulated fertilizer salts, in part because of their rhizomes.
- Make sure to flush the soil very well at least once a year and even soak the root ball to clean out fertilizer.
Typical uses of Davallia Trichomanoides
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is the item durable?
Exactly what I wanted and couldn t locate in any of our local shops! Thanks
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?
I really impressed with live plant I purchased online from nurserylive, the packaging was superb.. Thanks
I like very much this product.also i received a free gift on my order,i suggest everyone to buy N.L.