With this purchase you will get:
Description for Danilla in Hanging Basket
Dianella tasmanica is a herbaceous strappy perennial herb. Variegated Flax Lily is an attractive foliage plant with the bonus of producing sprays of white flowers followed by showy deep blue fruit. The fruit is more spectacular than the beautiful flowers - stalks of shiny turquoise blueberries lasting from fall into winter create a colorful accent in the garden.
Planting and care
Dianella tasmanica grows well in full to partial sunlight. Planting can be done in the fresh potting mix as soil, vermicompost, and coco peat (1:1:1). After planting watering should be done.
Caring for Danilla in Hanging Basket
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Danilla in Hanging Basket
Special features: It is also good as a container plant. A very strong silky fibre is obtained from the leaves. The leaves are also used in making baskets.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. Neat clumping habit is ideal for mass planting near pools, in garden beds and borders.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about danilla in hanging basket - gift plant