** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Calathea triostar
Calathea triostar is a popular cultivar which features showy olive green leaves variegated with white, cream and red. This variety of the Stromanthe Plant has beautiful leaves in different shades of white, red, pink, and green. It is an upright rhizomatous perennial. Lanceolate to elliptic-oblong, dark olive green leaves have red undersides. showy leaves, the plant produces small flowers in clusters on short stems.
The houseplant Calathea is a symbol of a new beginning.
Planting and care
Calatheas plants are propagated by plant division but it is a little difficult. It is best grown in fertile, moist but well-drained soils in light or dappled shade.
Caring for Calathea triostar
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Calathea triostar
Special features: Colorful foliage
Ornamental use: Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices. Good to keep inside homes and terraces.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about calathea triostar - gift plant