With this purchase you will get:
Description for Calathea roseopicta
Calathea is noted for its striking variegated leaves. Courtyards for display of its highly ornamental foliage. This is a compact, rhizomatous, evergreen perennial foliage plant that typically grows up to 12 to 16 inch tall in containers. Elliptic leave is glossy dark green with a distinctive cream color midrib and an irregular feathering of rose markings forming a ring between the midribs and leaf margins. Leaf undersides are reddish-purple. This Calathea features dark green edges and reddish-purple stems.
The houseplant Calathea is a symbol of a new beginning.
Planting and care
Calatheas plants are propagated by plant division but it is a little difficult. It is best grown in fertile, moist but well-drained soils in light or dappled shade.
Caring for Calathea roseopicta
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Calathea roseopicta
Special features: Colorful foliage
Ornamental use: Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices. Good to keep inside homes and terraces.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about calathea roseopicta - gift plant