With this purchase you will get:
Description for Blooming Dianthus Pair for You
Dianthus are garden classics, appearing in many shapes and colors, most with green frosted quill-like foliage. Long blooming, perfect for small bouquets-most is fragrant. The dianthus plant is also called Sweet William (Dianthus barbatus).
The plants are small and usually between 6 and 18 inches tall. Dianthus flowers are most often in pink, salmon, red and white hues. The foliage is slender and sparsely spread on thick stems. The Dianthus genus includes annuals, biennials, and perennials.
Dianthus represent flower of love or flower of the gods.
Planting and care
The plant grows in full sun, partial shade or anywhere they will receive at least 6 hours of sun. The plants need fertile, well-drained soil that is alkaline. Do not mulch around them. Water them only at the base of the plant to keep the foliage dry and prevent mildew spots.
Caring for Blooming Dianthus Pair for You
- Dianthus is generally not susceptible to serious diseases, but may become infected with aphids or other insects.
- Inspect once per month for aphids and other pests.
- Treat with insecticidal soaps or through biological controls, such as beneficial predatory insects.
- Feed dianthus every other month with all-purpose liquid fertilizer.
- Do not water during rainy or wet seasons as the roots will need to dry between watering.
- Plant out in May, 4-6 plants/sq.metrer in sunny, half shade spot.
Typical uses of Blooming Dianthus Pair for You
Special features: Attractive flowers
Ornamental use: This plant used as an ornamental plant in landscapes and gardens.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments