Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii, Snake Plant in Ceramic Pot - Gift Plant
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii, Snake Plant in Ceramic Pot
Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii is a lovely, short growing which remains less than one feet in height as it sends out new shoots, and spreads into a cluster of leafy funnels. It is a stemless perennial succulent plant with dark green leaves with clear horizontal bands, arranged in an attractive rosette. Sansevieria trifasciata can bloom in summer or autumn with sweetly fragrant greenish-white flowers, but this cultivar rarely seems to do so.
Planting and care
Sansevieria can be divided easily during repotting. Alternatively, new shoots, which emerge from the soil as spikes, can be taken and potted independently. They are rapid growers once established. Cuttings can also be taken, but its much easier to rely on division.
Pot the snake plant in a clay container that is wider than it is tall since the root system is shallow. Choose a pot the same diameter or one size larger than the current container of a plant. Plastic is not the best choice for these plants because strong roots can easily crack and break weak pots.
Caring for Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Sansevieria trifasciata Hahnii
Special features: Attractive foliage
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments