With this purchase you will get:
Description for Salvia Splendens Orange
In bud, the inflorescence looks like overlapping bracts. Flower stalks are 4-7 mm, red hairy. Sepal cup is red, bell-shaped, about 1.6 cm in flower, dilated to 2 cm after maturity. Flower tube is scarlet.
It is a good nectar plant for hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees, and birds eat the seeds of some species.
ping your salvia healthy and beautiful. Bi colors are also available, with red, rose or salmon colored flowers with white tips.
Planting and care
Plant in average or enriched soil and fertilize as needed.
Over a long season, flowers will drop, leaving a ragged spike. When this happens, cut the plant back. New growth emerges refreshed.
Snails and slugs find salvia to be a delicious treat, especially in moist conditions and when the plants are mulched.
Caring for Salvia Splendens Orange
- Most salvia like lots of sun, although a few species tolerate very light shade.
- If your garden does not have adequate drainage, mix stones, gravel or lava rock into the bottom of the hole when you plant your salvia.
- Using a trowel, dig a hole as deep and twice as wide as the pot the salvia transplant is in.
- Loosen the roots of the salvia, spread them out in the hole, and backfill with soil mixed with compost.
- Be sure to water the young plants regularly until they are fully grown so that they don t dry out.
- Prune the heavier, woody stems every spring.
Typical uses of Salvia Splendens Orange
Special features: Salvias are prolific and durable bloomers. They are not bothered by pests.
Ornamental use: There are many fine ornamental perennials in this genus and several bedding plants used as annuals.
Medicinal use: Sage is an excellent natural disinfectant and deodorizer, drying perspiration and helping to eliminate body odor.
Extracts of sage are used in personal skin care for its capacity to heal the skin as well.
Sage is a well-regarded herb for women and can be especially helpful for relieving the hot flashes of menopause and slowing heavy menstrual bleeding.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good plants?. every one should buy it.
Very nice plant. Beautiful plant. Nurserylive service very good replace policy is very very good.?
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
Exactly what I wanted and couldn t locate in any of our local shops! Thanks
Any query about salvia splendens orange - plant