** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Plumeria, Champa (White)
They are highly fragrant and bloom freely from spring throughout fall in multiple colors like white, yellow, pink, and red. These flowers stand out nicely amid the large-leaved foliage, which may be evergreen or deciduous, depending on the type.
Plumerias are tropical trees famous for their gorgeous flowers which are used to make leis. In regions with cold winters, plumerias can be grown in containers and brought indoors when the weather cools in autumn. Other common names are frangipani and Hawaiian lei flower. Plumeria trees bloom in a variety of different colors.
The tree itself is rather unusual in appearance; the 12 to 20 inch long, coarse, deciduous leaves cluster only at the tips of the rough, blunt, sausage like, thick, grey green branches. Branches are upright and rather crowded on the trunk forming a vase or umbrella shape with age.They are rather soft and brittle and can break but are usually sturdy unless they are mechanically hit or disturbed. The crown loses its leaves for a short time during the winter displaying the coarse textured, stubby branches. A milky sap is exuded from the branches when they are bruised .
Plumerias are tropical trees famous for their gorgeous flowers which are used to make leis (floral garlands). In regions with cold winters, plumerias can be grown in containers and brought indoors when the weather cools in autumn. Other common names are frangipani and Hawaiian lei flower. Plumeria trees bloom in a variety of different colors.
A milky sap is exuded from the branches when they are bruised. The crown loses its leaves for a short time during the winter displaying the coarse-textured, stubby branches
Planting and care
Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Place a small handful of E.B. Stone Blood Meal in the bottom of the hole and incorporate into the soil. Make sure the top of the original root ball is one inch above surrounding soil.
Plumeria trees are tropical and therefore must have conditions at least approximating tropical/subtropical in order to flourish. Plumeria do best in full sun with at least a half days sun exposure to bloom properly. They do well when potted in an appropriate size pot to the size of the tree in well drained soil.
Caring for Plumeria
- Plumeria care, for the most part, is minimal. While plumerias dont like wet feet, they should be watered deeply when irrigated and then allowed to dry out some before watering again.
- They also need to be fertilized about every two to three weeks throughout their active growing season.
- Reduce watering in mid fall and stop completely once the plants enter dormancy in winter.
- Resume regular watering as new growth appears in spring.
- A high phosphate (phosphorus) fertilizer, like 10-30-10, will help encourage blooms.
- Giving them too much nitrogen will only result in more foliage growth and less flowering.
- Plumerias may be pruned as needed (up to 12 inches from ground) in late winter or early spring (prior to new growth); however, any drastic or hard pruning done may reduce flowering.
- These plants can also be propagated by seeds or cuttings in spring, with cuttings being the easiest and most preferred method.
- Insert cuttings about 2 inches in potting mix and water thoroughly.
Plumerias require at least 1 inch of rain (or equivalent watering) each week. More water may be required for plumerias growing in containers, but don t overwater or the trunks will rot. Feed plants twice a month during the growing season with a high phosphorous fertilizer.
Plumerias normally require little pruning, but any shaping should be done in spring. Plumerias are sensitive to cold and should be protected when temperatures dip into the 40Fs. Check periodically for pests such as spider mites, white flies, and mealybugs.
Typical uses of Plumeria
Special features: This plant is Fragrant and Good for cut flowers.
Culinary use: Na
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
i am very excited on seeing a live plant online.
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant
is the pot and soil included?
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Any query about plumeria, champa (white) - plant