Hymenocallis Caribaea, Spider Lilly - Plant
You can find them flowering in the evenings and get to enjoy its explicit beauty with intoxicating fragrance at its best from dusk to dawn.
Common name: Caribbean Spiderlily, Spider Lily, White Lily.
Bloom time: Mid Summer,Late Summer/Early Fall
Height: 18-24 in.
Difficulty level: Easy.
Planting & Care
Sunlight: Best in full sun, but tolerate light shade.
Soil: Prefers fertile, moist and well-drained soil, though tolerant of other soil types.
Water: Lots of water regularly. Do not allow to dry between waterings. It likes humid conditions.
Fertilizer: Feed monthly with a balanced houseplant fertilizer.
- To get the best from your plants, divide them every 5 to 10 years and replant in freshly dug soil enriched with compost, ground rock mineral fertiliser and composted animal manure.
- If your plants are not flowering, it might be bacause of the too much shade, starving and need a feed, the area is too dry and plants need supplementry watering.
- It is a garden jewel that will be excellent for tropical and subtropical gardens, parks and landscapes.
- Even without flowers, the glossy dark-green foliage of the Caribbean Spiderlily continues to be a great attraction.
- Spectacular herbaceous flowering plant that is suitable in large containers or raised planters.