With this purchase you will get:
Description for Hardy begonia
Begonia is a genus of perennial flowering plants in the family Begoniaceae. The Begonias are native to moist subtropical and tropical climates. Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates. In cooler climates some species are cultivated outside in summertime for their bright colorful flowers
Annual begonia is about as easy as it gets. It does well in a variety of conditions, but to keep it its most luxuriant best, give it light shade; rich, well-drained soil; and ample water. It also loves plenty of fertilizer, so be generous.
Because of their sometimes showy flowers of white, pink, scarlet, or yellow color and often attractively marked leaves, many species and innumerable hybrids and cultivars are cultivated.
Begonias are among the most popular of cultivated plants, indoors or outdoors. These lovely plants are grown for both their leaf forms and their blooms, depending on the type of begonia. In some areas of the world, the wax begonia is easily the most popular bedding plant, while serious plant collectors still go to great lengths to hunt down beautiful foliage begonias.
Planting and care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
Caring for Hardy begonia
- Begonias aren't the easiest plants to make happy. They can be very demanding of just the right amount of water, food and humidity.
- Plants will vary and the only way to know what your plant wants is to watch it, once it has adjusted to its new surrounding.
- If it's flourishing, continue with what you were doing.
- If it is droopy or gangly, adjust the light and water.
- Eventually, you ll figure out the right balance.
- Repotting rex begonias each spring will ensure that they have plenty of soil to grow in, but they like to be a little bit pot bound. Large or gangly plants can be pruned into shape.
- Rotating potted rex begonias will keep the plants full and stocky.
Typical uses of Hardy begonia
Ornamental use: Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant can be grown anywhere in the house in?indirect sunlight.
Got in good condition, found no problem, happy :)
Very nice plant ...n very neatly packed
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments
Good packing. Plant is very healthy and also I received free seeds offer & cashback . Happy :-)
Any query about hardy begonia - plant