449+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Gloxinia (Purple - White)
Did you know that gloxinia can be grown as house plants? True! Gloxinia are fabulous gift plants AND can be spectacular house plants if you give them proper care.
A few years ago, a gloxinia flowering houseplant (Sinningia speciosa) was considered a perennial. The plants would bloom and then die back. After a period of dormancy, the plant would regrow, delighting its owner with a fresh flush of big, velvety flowers.
Todayâ€™s gloxinias are hybrids that are bred to quickly produce a large number of blossoms. These gloxinias produce an outstanding display for about two months, but once the flowers fade, the plant rarely comes back because it invests all its energy into flowers rather than sturdy roots. Therefore, these plants are best grown as annuals, and since they are discarded after the bloom cycle, gloxinia flower care focuses on keeping the plant looking fresh while it is in bloom.
Planting and care
Gloxinia plants can grow quite large â€“ a mature plant can have up to two dozen or more very large blooms (3″ or larger) open at one time creating a fantastic display. Gloxinia can be grown in natural light or on lighted plant stands, and come in a wide variety of colors and flower shapes: single or double flowers with plain or ruffled petals, solid colors, edged flowers, bicolors.
Gloxinia can be easily grown from seed which is often easier for beginners than mastering the art of propagation by tuber or leaf.
Caring for Gloxinia
- When growing gloxinia houseplants as annuals, they donâ€™t need repotting.
- If you pot up the plant in a decorative container or need to replace some of the soil because of accidental spillage, use an African violet potting soil.
- Gloxinia prefer higher humidity than African violets or Streptocarpus, and many growers find that they must supplement the humidity in their grow rooms with pebble trays or a humidifier in order to grow Gloxinia successfully year-round.
- Gloxinia flower care is not too difficult. Place gloxinias in a bright area, out of direct sunlight.
- A location near a sunny window just outside the reach of the sunâ€™s rays is ideal.
- Growing gloxinia houseplants thrive in average room temperatures of between 60-75 F. (16-24 C.).
- Water gloxinias often enough to keep the soil moist. The leaves develop brown spots if they get wet, so apply the water directly to the soil under the leaves.
- If allowed to dry out, gloxinias go dormant.
Typical uses of Gloxinia
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thanks the plant is growing well
I ve never ordered a plant online before. Will the plant not die doing delivery?
They are the most beautiful, glossy, healthy plants I ve ever seen.
Good packaging and good plants& Nice deals...
I m really impressed with this plant properties.