449+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)Free Shipping
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|10 Lakh Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Gloxinia (Pink)
Did you know that gloxinia can be grown as house plants? True! Gloxinia are fabulous gift plants AND can be spectacular house plants if you give them proper care.
A few years ago, a gloxinia flowering houseplant (Sinningia speciosa) was considered a perennial. The plants would bloom and then die back. After a period of dormancy, the plant would regrow, delighting its owner with a fresh flush of big, velvety flowers.
Todayâ€™s gloxinias are hybrids that are bred to quickly produce a large number of blossoms. These gloxinias produce an outstanding display for about two months, but once the flowers fade, the plant rarely comes back because it invests all its energy into flowers rather than sturdy roots. Therefore, these plants are best grown as annuals, and since they are discarded after the bloom cycle, gloxinia flower care focuses on keeping the plant looking fresh while it is in bloom.
Planting and care
Gloxinia plants can grow quite large â€“ a mature plant can have up to two dozen or more very large blooms (3″ or larger) open at one time creating a fantastic display. Gloxinia can be grown in natural light or on lighted plant stands, and come in a wide variety of colors and flower shapes: single or double flowers with plain or ruffled petals, solid colors, edged flowers, bicolors.
Gloxinia can be easily grown from seed which is often easier for beginners than mastering the art of propagation by tuber or leaf.
Caring for Gloxinia
- When growing gloxinia houseplants as annuals, they donâ€™t need repotting. If you pot up the plant in a decorative container or need to replace some of the soil because of accidental spillage, use an African violet potting soil. Gloxinia prefer higher humidity than African violets or Streptocarpus, and many growers find that they must supplement the humidity in their grow rooms with pebble trays or a humidifier in order to grow Gloxinia successfully year-round.
Typical uses of Gloxinia
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Amazed to see this plant.
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
Plants are a great way to bring a little natural beauty indoors.
I have it on my table with a Lucky Bamboo and looks great!
Plants are awesome.. the quality is just fantastic. .....I gifted it to my mom on her anniversary