With this purchase you will get:
Description for Dianthus (Any Color)
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower.
Dianthus are garden classics, appearing in many shapes and colors, most with blue/green or blue frosted quill-like foliage. Long blooming, perfect for small bouquets-most are fragrant. The dianthus plant is also called Sweet William (Dianthus barbatus) and has a fragrance with cinnamon or clove notes.
The plants are small and usually between 6 and 18 inches tall. Dianthus flowers are most often in pink, salmon, red and white hues. The foliage is slender and sparsely spread on thick stems. The Dianthus genus includes annuals, biennials, and perennials.
Planting and care
The plant grows in full sun, partial shade or anywhere they will receive at least 6 hours of sun. The plants need fertile, well-drained soil that is alkaline. Do not mulch around them. Water them only at the base of the plant to keep the foliage dry and prevent mildew spots.
Caring for Dianthus
- Dianthus is generally not susceptible to serious diseases, but may become infected with aphids or other insects.
- Inspect once per month for aphids and other pests.
- Treat with insecticidal soaps or through biological controls, such as beneficial predatory insects.
- Feed dianthus every other month with all-purpose liquid fertilizer.
- Do not water during rainy or wet seasons as the roots will need to dry between watering.
- Plant out in May, 4-6 plants/sq.metrer in sunny, half shade spot.
Typical uses of Dianthus
Special features: Attractive flowers
Ornamental use: Can be used as an ornamental plant in landscapes and gardens.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about dianthus (any color) - plant