With this purchase you will get:
Description for Celosia (Pink)
Cockscomb is an annual herb and is very common as a garden plant. The tightly clustered blooms are said to resemble a rooster s comb, thus the common name "cockscomb". Flower colors include red, yellow, orange, gold, and pink. The celosias or cockscombs are erect, branching plants with oval or lance-shaped, brightly colored flowerheads which usually stand above the foliage.
The Cristata cultivars are good in containers, and prized for Japanese flower arrangements. have unusual flowers that can bloom up to 10 weeks. These flowers can have red, pink, purple, gold or bicolored blooms. When many celosia flower blooms are next to each other, they collectively resemble fire, which is why the name Celosia, meaning burning in Greek, was chosen.
The common name of cockscomb comes from the bloomâ€™s resemblance to a roosterâ€™s comb. Not all celosia flowers look this way â€“ there are many shapes, colors and sizes (from 6 inches to 2 feet). And each blossom is made up of many tiny flowers, which is why this flower will produce numerous small seeds and keep sprouting in your plant containers with no extra effort on your part. Celosia flowers also look great in vases and bouquets, so you can bring their beauty indoors.
Planting and care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
Caring for Celosia
- They are all easy to care for as long as their soil and sunlight requirements are met.
- Poorly draining planting sites can cause them to develop root rot.
- To test how quickly the soil drains, remove the top and bottom from a large coffee can, dig a 4-inch-deep hole in the soil, the same circumference as the can, and insert the can into the hole.
- Fill the can with water and check the water level after one hour.
- If the water level drops between 2 and 5 inches, the drainage is good.
- When the water level drops less than 2 inches, the drainage is poor.
- Perlite can be added along with soil amendments to improve the soil s drainage or you can plant celiosa in containers or raised beds.Celosia can be planted in the garden in the spring when temperatures will remain above 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- They will be damaged if the temperature drops lower than that.
Typical uses of Celosia
Special features: In south India, cockscombs are used extensively for the Onam "Pookkalam".
Culinary use: Some Celosia species are used for food
Ornamental use: In south India, cockscombs are used extensively for the Onam "Pookkalam".
Medicinal use: It is used as a treatment for intestinal worms (particularly tapeworm), blood diseases, mouth sores, eye problems. The seeds treat chest complaints and the flowers treat diarrhea. The leaves are used as dressings for boils and sores, and the boiled vegetables are said to be slightly diuretic.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What can i do to maintain my plant?
Good one.. Good plant growth & good packing...
How often I need to water it?
is the pot and soil included?
Good packaging and good plants& Nice deals...
Any query about celosia (pink) - plant