** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Begonia (With Long Leaves)
Begonia is a genus of perennial flowering plants in the family Begoniaceae. The Begonias are native to moist subtropical and tropical climates. Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates. In cooler climates some species are cultivated outside in summertime for their bright colorful flowers.Annual begonia is about as easy as it gets. It does well in a variety of conditions, but to keep it its most luxuriant best, give it light shade; rich, well-drained soil; and ample water. It also loves plenty of fertilizer, so be generous.
Because of their sometimes showy flowers of white, pink, scarlet, or yellow color and often attractively marked leaves, many species and innumerable hybrids and cultivars are cultivated. Begonias are among the most popular of cultivated plants, indoors or outdoors. These lovely plants are grown for both their leaf forms and their blooms, depending on the type of begonia. In some areas of the world, the wax begonia is easily the most popular bedding plant, while serious plant collectors still go to great lengths to hunt down beautiful foliage begonias.
Planting and care
The plant performs best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plants them on the ground.
Caring for Begonia
- Begonias are not the easiest plants to make happy.
- They can be very demanding of just the right amount of water, food and humidity.
- Plants will vary and the only way to know what your plant wants is to watch it, once it has adjusted to its new surrounding.
- If it s flourishing, continue with what you were doing.
- If it is droopy or gangly, adjust the light and water.
- Eventually you ll figure out the right balance. Repotting rex begonias each spring will ensure that they have plenty of soil to grow in, but they like to be a little bit pot bound. Large or gangly plants can be pruned into shape. Rotating potted rex begonias will keep the plants full and stocky.
Typical uses of Begonia
Ornamental use: Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is this plant low maintenance.
Ideal plant for green gift
Plant reached in excellent condition along with promised pot
It came well packed and is exactly how they show it
what are the dimensions of the pot?
Any query about begonia (with long leaves) - plant