** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Alyssum (Pink)
Sweet Alyssum is a delicate carpet of tiny flowers with a subtle, sweet scent. The low-growing foliage is covered by flowers for much of the growing season. Sweet Alyssum (Lobularia maritima) is very easy to grow, from plant or seed.
Sweet Alyssum is a cool season flower that can be set out in early spring are grown throughout the fall and winter, in frost-free climates. Most varieties will fade in the heat, but rally again in the fall.
Planting and care
Sweet alyssum grows only a few inches high but spreads as much as a foot in diameter. The tiny flowers are closely packed around small racemes that grow upward as lower flowers fade. Although white is the most planted colour, pink, lavender, and darker shades of violet are also available.
To start Sweet Alyssum from seed, simply scatter the seed and press it down, so that it makes good contact with the soil, but it is still exposed to light. Keep the soil moist, until germination. Then water whenever the soil feels dry.
Direct seed in garden in mid- to late spring, or indoors 4 to 6 weeks before last frost. Do not cover the seeds, as they need light to germinate.
Caring for Alyssum
- Alyssum well-watered during hot, dry weather.
- In mid summer to stimulate more growth and flowering shear your alyssum plants by 1/3rd of their height.
- Fertilize afterward with a balanced product and water and they will regrow for a late summer flower show.
- When grown in containers or small spaces with little soil, fertilize monthly to keep them growing strong.
- Alyssum is very easy to care for and as long as it gets sun and average water it will be happy.
- A bit of balanced fertilizer will make your plants vigorous and blooming profusely.
- Plant in a location that enjoys full sun / partial sun and remember to water very sparingly.
- Zone 3 to 14 are typically the USDA Hardiness Zones that are appropriate for this plant (although this can vary based on your microclimate).
- Sweet Alyssum needs a loamy and sandy soil with a ph of 5.6 to 7.5 (weakly acidic soil - weakly alkaline soil).
- Sweet Alyssum is generally regarded as a very hardy plant, so this plant will tend to go dormant over the long winter months.
Typical uses of Alyssum
Special features: It is a mat-forming plant that produces spreading mounds of well-branched stems clad with linear, lance-shaped, gray-green leaves (to 1â€ long).
Ornamental use: Sweet alyssum grows best where it can be showcased. Plant or sow seeds in front of flower borders, in containers with other taller growing annuals, such as salvia and profusion zinnias, and in walls or rock gardens among other low growing perennials and wild flowers, such as columbine.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Ideal plant for green gift
Verry small size.but good product no any damage when i got it in my home delievery is superior
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipient
Exactly what I wanted and couldn t locate in any of our local shops! Thanks
Brilliant stuff, highly recommended.
Any query about alyssum (pink) - plant