With this purchase you will get:
Description for Alyssum (Lavender)
Sweet Alyssum is a delicate carpet of tiny flowers with a subtle, sweet scent. The low-growing foliage is covered by flowers for much of the growing season. Sweet Alyssum (Lobularia maritima) is very easy to grow, from plant or seed.
Sweet Alyssum is a cool season flower that can be set out in early spring are grown throughout the fall and winter, in frost-free climates. Most varieties will fade in the heat, but rally again in the fall.
Planting and care
Sweet alyssum grows only a few inches high but spreads as much as a foot in diameter. The tiny flowers are closely packed around small racemes that grow upward as lower flowers fade. Although white is the most planted colour, pink, lavender, and darker shades of violet are also available.
To start Sweet Alyssum from seed, simply scatter the seed and press it down, so that it makes good contact with the soil, but it is still exposed to light. Keep the soil moist, until germination. Then water whenever the soil feels dry.
Direct seed in garden in mid- to late spring, or indoors 4 to 6 weeks before last frost. Do not cover the seeds, as they need light to germinate.
Caring for Alyssum
- Keep alyssum well-watered during hot, dry weather. In mid summer to stimulate more growth and flowering shear your alyssum plants by 1/3rd of their height.
- Fertilize afterward with a balanced product and water and they will regrow for a late summer flower show.
- When grown in containers or small spaces with little soil, fertilize monthly to keep them growing strong.
- Growing sweet alyssum requires well-drained soil with moderate moisture.
- The plants are tolerant of many types of soils and make a cheerful accent in many situations.
- Start from seed in early spring in seed flats indoors and transplant after the danger of frost has passed.
- Surface sow the tiny seed and keep lightly moist until germination, which is usually 15 to 20 days.
- When the seedlings have several pairs of true leaves and soil temperatures are at least 60 F. (16 C.) degrees, transplant them into a prepared garden bed.
Typical uses of Alyssum
Special features: It is a mat-forming plant that produces spreading mounds of well-branched stems clad with linear, lance-shaped, gray-green leaves (to 1â€ long).
Ornamental use: Sweet alyssum grows best where it can be showcased. Plant or sow seeds in front of flower borders, in containers with other taller growing annuals, such as salvia and profusion zinnias, and in walls or rock gardens among other low growing perennials and wild flowers, such as columbine.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
i just check out d site,its realy vry amazing n affordable site,thanku fr introducing to sch site.
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.
Nice packing & plants,like professional brand..
This plant can be grown anywhere in the house in?indirect sunlight.
Attractive plants for pot culture
Any query about alyssum (lavender) - plant