With this purchase you will get:
Description for Rose (Red)
Plant height: 9 - 15 inches (22 - 39 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches (10 - 21 cm)
Note: The fragrance of Rose flowers depends on its variety and climatic conditions, hence this plant may or may not produce fragrant flowers.
Roses are one of the most popular and beautiful woody perennial flowering shrubs of the genus Rosa, in the family Rosaceae. The flowers are densely filled with petals, much like antique roses. The symbolism of rose colors is steeped in tradition. Roses inspired people over thousands of years to develop a language of color. Red rose is the symbol of love, romance also considered as beauty passion, courage, and respect.
Common name(s): Gulab, Rose, Rosa, Gulaaf
Flower colours: Red
Bloom time: Year Round
Max reachable height: Up to 2 Metre
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Full sun, Partial sun
Soil: Rose is grown in well-drained and rich in organic content soil.
Temperature: 20 to 30 degree C
Fertilizer: Use any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Rose
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- At least six to eight hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering.
- Keep the plant outdoor with bright direct natural light. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing rose plant. Watering
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the rose plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- A mulch is a layer of material placed on the ground around plants to suppress weed growth, retain soil moisture, or prevent freezing of roots.
- mulch increase conservation of soil moisture, improving fertility and health of the soil
- Organic mulches include formerly living material such as chopped leaves, straw, grass clippings, compost, wood chips, shredded bark, sawdust, pine needles, and even paper.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Typical uses of Rose
Special features: attractive flower
Ornamental use: Roses are best known as ornamental plants. Roses are used in landscapes. Rose-covered arches.God's gift for decoration.
Thursday, 13 February 2020
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Tuesday, 04 February 2020
Nice plant and vase. As well. I like it
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Got the plant in excellent shape. Looks great!
Please log in to write a review. Log in