With this purchase you will get:
Senecio mandraliscae Plant
3 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Senecio mandraliscae
Plant height: 0.5 - 0.8 inches (1 - 3 cm)
Plant spread: 2 - 4 inches (5 - 11 cm)
Slender-Leaf Senecio is a slender, hairless, much-branched annual herb, usually about 15-45 cm tall. The leaves are stalkless and pinnately cut.
This is such a useful succulent. The linear foliage gives the garden a shot of blue all year long. The texture & color combine well with many plants. Try it with Asclepias currassavica Silky Gold for a blue & yellow garden or combine with lime green Crassula lycopodiodes for a cool color scheme. Grows to about 1 inch high & about 3 inch wide. Clip to keep compact. The flowers are inconspicuous, but S. madraliscae makes an excellent foliage plant. It can be grown as a trailing plant in a container.
Common name(s): Senecio tenuifolius,Fish Hook Sedum, Blue Chalk Sticks, Blue finger, Bluefinger, Blue stick succulent
Flower colours: Green
Bloom time: Spring and Summer
Max reachable height: 15-45 cm
Difficulty to grow: easy to grow
Planting and care
Determine whether or not the blue finger plant receives bright sunlight. Prune nearby plants foliage or move the blue finger to a site that receives bright sunlight if necessary. In climates with hot summers, however, the plant benefits from light afternoon shade.
Prune the plant nearly to the ground in early spring. Pruning removes old growth and makes room for healthy new growth.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temperature: 6 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Senecio mandraliscae
- Water the plant only during dry summer weather. Blue finger is a drought-tolerant succulent that can survive long, dry periods. Watch for signs that the plant needs water, especially leaves that begin to look shrunken or wilted. Water the plant s site deeply, and then allow the soil to dry completely before watering again.
- Stop watering the plant in late summer or early autumn. Withhold water completely during the winter months. Damp, cool soil places the plant at risk for stem rot.
- Established plants are extremely drought tolerant.
- They do need some water, during the summer, but do not leave the soil wet for prolonged periods.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings in the winter, when they are somewhat dormant.
- Since they are growing in sandy soil, nutrients will need to be replenished.
- Fertilize annually, but lightly.
- Too much fertilizer will cause a lot of leggy growth.
Typical uses of Senecio mandraliscae
Special features: The disc flowers are narrow at the base, 3 mm long, hairy with white hairs on the ribs and brown colour
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- Unverified information Slender-Leaf Senecio is widely used for its medicinal properties. The leaves of the plant are valuable. These leaves from the Indian medicinal plant are used as an emollient and vulnerary.
Friday, 21 February 2020
Where did you get the round plant stands with the feet on them?
Friday, 31 January 2020
What can i do to maintain my plant?
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
can I grow absolutely indoor or outdoor? or partly indoor or outdoor?
Please log in to write a review. Log in