With this purchase you will get:
Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum (Small) Plant
4 inch (10 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
4.5 inch (11 cm) Ronda No. 1110 Round Plastic Planter (White)
Description for Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum (Small)
Plant height: 9 - 15 inches (22 - 39 cm)
Peace Lily, is a very popular indoor houseplant. It is a clump-growing herbaceous perennial which produces white flowers which look like the hood of a cobra. Leaves are shiny and glossy, attractive even with no spathes.
Peace lilies are sturdy plants with glossy, dark green oval leaves that narrow to a point. The leaves rise directly from the soil. The long-lasting flowers start out pale green and slowly turn creamy white as they open.
Common name(s): Peace lily, Cobra plant.
Flower colours: Creamy-White.
Bloom time: Spring or early summer
Max reachable height: up to 40 centimeters.
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Bright indirect light.
Soil: Well draining and nutrient-rich soil.
Temperature: 18 to 24 degrees Celsius.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Peace Lily
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Peace lily. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC rooms.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Typical uses of Peace Lily
Special features: One of the rare indoor flowering plant and excellent air purifying plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
Sunday, 23 February 2020
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy
Saturday, 08 February 2020
Awesome experience!!! Luved the plant. Looked exactly the same. Thank you NL
Monday, 02 July 2018
Good packing. Plant is very healthy and also I received free seeds offer & cashback . Happy :-)
Please log in to write a review. Log in