Croton Variegatum Petra, Croton Norma, Codiaeum Variegatum Petra - Plant
Crotons are one of the boldest houseplants with colorful foliage to decorate your inner or outer space.
What makes it special:
- Easy to grow
- Indoor air purifier
- Can be used for hedges, Mixed borders, screening, etc
(Inclusive of all taxes)
In Stock (747 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Croton Variegatum Petra, Croton Norma, Codiaeum Variegatum Petra Plant
6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Croton Variegatum Petra, Croton Norma, Codiaeum Variegatum Petra
Plant height: 5 - 8 inches (12 - 21 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches (10 - 21 cm)
Croton Petra is a tropical shrub with star-shaped flowers on long stalks. The foliage of Petra is broadly oval with a pointed tip with colors that vary between pink, red, orange, yellow, and green with the veins often times being a lighter color. This is one of the most common cultivars for both indoor and outdoor use.
Croton is typically offered as an indoor plant, but can also be used outdoors as a seasonal accent plant in containers or plantings of annuals or mixed ornamentals.
Common name(s): Croton, Zanzibar Croton
Flower colours: Cream
Bloom time: Summer
Max reachable height: Up to 10 feet
Difficulty to grow: Medium
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it. Do not overwater them suddenly. Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently. Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight area to settle down easily. Gradually move the plant from shade to the area that receives morning sunlight. Croton can survive in indoor as well as outdoor conditions. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Temperature: 15-26 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Any organic fertilizer
Caring for Croton Variegatum Petra
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place your croton where it will receive morning sunlight each day.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Typical uses of Croton Variegatum Petra
Special features: The colorful foliage of croton along with air purification ability makes it unique and special.
Ornamental use: They are eye-catching especially in bright dining rooms and living rooms where their foliage helps energize a room. Can be used for Container, Foundation, Hedges, Houseplant, Mixed Border, Screening, etc.