About Celery Imported
Celery will not tolerate heat and can be hard to transplant. Summer crops in the north and winter crops in the south make celery a year-round producer. All the work is worth it when you harvest crunchy, green stalks.
|Common Name ||Apium graveolens(botanical name)|
|Height ||8 inches tall.|
|Bloom Time ||Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy|
Planting and care
- Celery is a heavy feeder
- It also requires lots of water
- Make sure to provide plenty of water during the entire growing season, especially during hot, dry weather
If celery does not get enough water, the stalks will be dry, and small
Add plenty of compost and mulch around the plants to retain moisture
- Add mulch as needed, to help retain soil moisture and add nutrients
Tie growing celery stalks together to keep them from sprawling
Celery Imported care
- Because a celery plant has such a long maturity time, unless you live in a location with long growing seasons, you need to start celery seeds indoors at least 8 – 10 weeks before the last frost date for your area
|Sunlight ||Full Sun, Part Sun|
|Watering ||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.|
|Temperature ||55 and 70ºF|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||The parts of celery that are harvested are mainly the stalks, which will be above ground. Harvest stalks from the outside in. You may begin harvesting when stalks are about 8 inches tall. Celery can be kept in the garden for up to a month if soil is built up around it to maintain an ideal temperature.|
Celery Imported special featureThere is not much flavor difference between the home grown variety and the store bought variety so most gardeners grow a celery plant purely for the challenge it poses.
vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
Celery Imported uses
- Celery is an excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum
- It is a very good source of folate, potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, and pantothenic acid
- Celery is also a good source of vitamin B2, copper, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids)
- Helps Lower High Cholesterol
- Lowers Inflammation 3
- Helps Prevent or Treat High Blood Pressure 4
- Helps Prevent Ulcers
- Protects Liver Health
- It is a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes
- Add celery leaves and sliced celery stalks to soups, stews, casseroles, and healthy stir fries
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do celery imported grow?
On average celery imported grows 8 inches tall.
How hard is celery imported to grow?
A celery imported is Easy
How much sunlight does a celery imported need?
A celery imported prefers Full Sun, Part Sun
How much water does a celery imported need?
A celery imported prefers watering Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
What kind of soil does a celery imported need?
What temperature does a celery imported like?
How should I fertilize my celery imported?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Sunday, 03 May 2020
Excellent celery variety. Seeds had a very high germination rate. Also, very fragrant celery shoots.
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Thursday, 05 March 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in