Tolerant of pruning and shearing. Little Gem is noted for requiring little pruning. Avoid cultivating around plants because they have shallow roots. Roots appreciate a good mulch (1-2 ").
Common name: araticum-grande , araticum-manso , cachiman épineux
Bloom time: April
Height: 1.50 to 2.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period. Select a site with soil that drains well. How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out. Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 36.0-38.0 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and don’t crowd them.
- Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
- Have a hose or bucket of water and all your planting tools nearby.
- Keep your bare-root rose in water until you are ready to place it in the ground.
Harvesting: 2 weeks
- plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work.
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance.
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal.
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area.
Shrub borders. Incorporate into a foundation planting.
for medicinal use
Friday, 13 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Friday, 21 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in