About Brinjal F1 Hybrid White
The brinjal (eggplant or baingan or aubergine) is called the King of Vegetables by some cultures. It is one of the most versatile vegetables around, loved by many people across the world.
Different varieties are available everywhere and each variety is unique in its own way, with a distinctive flavor and many essential minerals. Eggplant or Brinjal, is a very low calorie vegetable and has healthy nutrition profile; good news for weight watchers! The veggie is popularly known as aubergine in the western world.
|Common Name ||Brinjal, Eggplant|
|Height ||1 to 3 feet|
|Bloom Time ||Year round|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy|
Planting and care
- Care should be taken not to plant the brinjals in a shady portion of the garden
- The plants ought to have sufficient sunlight
From time to time, any weeds which might grow in the plants bed must be removed
The plants should be sprayed with the pesticides or insecticides if any disease is noticed
Stake plants over 24 inches tall
Water well and apply a balanced fertilizer every two weeks during the growing season
For bigger fruits, restrict to five or six per plant
Brinjal F1 Hybrid White care
- Start plants indoors 2 months before the soil warms up or buy nursery transplants just before planting
Place 3 to 4 inch tall seedlings 24 to 30 inches apart in well-prepared beds
Pinch out the terminal growing points for a bushier plant
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Watering ||When it comes to watering eggplants in container gardens, keep the potting soil constantly moist but not soggy|
|Soil ||Sandy, Soil pH: Slightly Acidic to Neutral|
|Temperature ||15 to 38°F|
|Fertilizer ||Eggplant is a heavy feeder, so when first planting in a plant container, give it a good dose of fertilizer, and add lime to the soil because eggplant needs a lot of calcium. Then add fertilizer about once a month while the plant is actively growing.|
|Harvest Season ||Harvest the fruit as soon as it reaches a diameter of 7 to 10 cm (about 3 months after transplanting).
In the case of good irrigation and fertilisation practices, 10 to 12 of them can be harvested from each plant.
Brinjal plants are delicate and care should be taken not to damage the plants during harvesting (the stems are quite brittle).
Cut the fruit with pruning scissors. Handle with care to prevent bruising. Keep in mind that the shelf life of the fruit is not very long.|
Brinjal F1 Hybrid White uses
- The brinjal or eggplant has a lot of vitamins and nutrients
- It contains vitamins like B1 and B6
- It also contains a good amount of potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, and folic acid
- This high nutritive value of the brinjal makes it one of the most important vegetables
- Helps keeping diabetes in control: The eggplants are a very rich source of fibre and low soluble carbohydrates
- Thus they are highly beneficial for regulation of blood sugar levels and also to control the absorption of glucose
- This makes them the best option for people suffering from type 2 diabetes
- Helpful to the heart: The cholesterol levels are brought down to a great extent by the eggplant
- It also helps stabilize the level of blood pressure
- All this in turn lowers the risk of heart diseases
- The body is also kept well hydrated thanks to the potassium content present in this vegetable
- This ensures that there is no retention of fluids which prevents coronary heart diseases
- Helpful to the brain: Eggplant contains Phytonutrients which keep the cell membranes protected from any kind of damage and facilitates the message transfer from one part to another, thus preserving the memory function
- Helps create iron in the human body: We all require iron for proper functioning in our day to day life
- However, too much of iron in the body is not a good sign
- The content of nasunin that is present in eggplant helps remove excess iron from the body
- This brings down the risk of getting heart attacks as it damages the existence of the free radicals in one’s system
Facilitates weight loss: Eggplant is considered to be high in water content yet low in calorie count
- This feature makes it very ideal as a healthy diet for people who want to reduce weight
- The spongy texture of the vegetable is what facilitates these characteristics, hence one must consume in its natural form as much as possible
- Helps in digestion: The digestive system is kept healthy and safe because of the good content of fibre in brinjals
- This prevents constipation as well
- The risk of colon cancer is also eliminated
- Healthy skin and hair: The skin is well hydrated owing to the high water content an eggplant has
- It is also good for the hair
- Keeps chronic diseases at bay: Eggplant reduces the chance of cardiovascular diseases and strokes
- Helps quit smoking: Eggplant has small amount of nicotine which helps those who want to gradually quit smoking
- Anti bacterial properties: The eggplant has good amounts of vitamin C which make it an effective anti-viral and anti- bacterial source
- Preparing brinjals
- Slice the brinjals, peeled or unpeeled as specified in the recipe
- Sprinkle the slices with salt and put them into a colander
- This will remove any bitterness and extract some of the water
- Rinse and dry the slices before using
- Brinjals may also be cooked in the skin
- Prick the skin before boiling or roasting it in the oven
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do brinjal f1 hybrid white grow?
On average brinjal f1 hybrid white grows 1 to 3 feet
How hard is brinjal f1 hybrid white to grow?
A brinjal f1 hybrid white is Easy
How much sunlight does a brinjal f1 hybrid white need?
A brinjal f1 hybrid white prefers Full sun
How much water does a brinjal f1 hybrid white need?
A brinjal f1 hybrid white prefers watering When it comes to watering eggplants in container gardens, keep the potting soil constantly moist but not soggy
What kind of soil does a brinjal f1 hybrid white need?
Sandy, Soil pH: Slightly Acidic to Neutral
What temperature does a brinjal f1 hybrid white like?
How should I fertilize my brinjal f1 hybrid white ?
Eggplant is a heavy feeder, so when first planting in a plant container, give it a good dose of fertilizer, and add lime to the soil because eggplant needs a lot of calcium. Then add fertilizer about once a month while the plant is actively growing.
Monday, 16 March 2020
Thursday, 05 March 2020
Monday, 10 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in