About Coriander Kalmi
Coriander is a fast-growing, aromatic herb that grows in the cooler weather of spring and fall. Coriander seed is technically a fruit containing two seeds in it.
|Common Name ||Coriander kalmi, Kothimbir|
|Height ||16 to 24 inches (40-60cm)|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Spring and fall Season|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Mulch To help prevent weeds, mulch around the plants as soon as they are visible above the soil
- You can also till shallowly to help prevent root damage from weeds
Water the seedlings regularly throughout the growing season
- They require about 1 inch of water per week for best growth
Thin seedlings to 6 inches apart so that they have room to develop healthy leaves
Once the plants are established, they do not need as much water per week
- Keep them moist, but be careful not to overwater them
Fertilize once or twice during the growing season with nitrogen fertilizer
- Apply one-fourth cup of fertilizer per 25 feet of row
- Be sure not to over-fertilize the plants
Coriander Kalmi care
- You can soak the seeds before sowing
- It is best to choose a sunny site that will allow cilantro to self-seed as it is ought to do
- Plant the seeds in light, well-drained soil and space them 1 to 2 inches apart
- Sow the seeds at 3-week intervals for continued harvest
- Space rows about 12 inches apart
- It is important to keep the seeds moist during their germination, so remember to water the plants regularly
- The seeds will start germinating in 1 to 2 weeks
|Sunlight ||Coriander enjoys a sunny position but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day. |
|Watering ||They require about 1 inch of water per week for best growth. Once the plants are established, they do not need as much water per week. Keep them moist, but be careful not to overwater them.|
|Soil ||Well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||18 to 24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer like Vermicompost, Neem cake|
|Harvest Season ||Keep picking mature leaves as and when you need them. Regular cropping should delay flowering. Once the plants do flower, allow them to set seed. The seed is ripe when it stops smelling unpleasant. Collect it and use in cooking, keeping some to sow for another crop.|
Coriander Kalmi special feature
It adds flavor to the food.
Coriander Kalmi uses
- Lowers cholesterol, Bowel movements, Good for diabetes, Good for skin
Note: Please consult your health expert
- All parts of the plant - roots, stems, leaves, and seeds - can be used in cooking
- Native to the Mediterranean and western Asia, coriander is an essential ingredient in many countries
- This herb is used to flavor many recipes and the entire plant is edible
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do coriander kalmi grow?
On average coriander kalmi grows 16 to 24 inches (40-60cm)
What color are coriander kalmi ?
A coriander kalmi plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is coriander kalmi to grow?
A coriander kalmi is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a coriander kalmi need?
A coriander kalmi prefers Coriander enjoys a sunny position but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day.
How much water does a coriander kalmi need?
A coriander kalmi prefers watering They require about 1 inch of water per week for best growth. Once the plants are established, they do not need as much water per week. Keep them moist, but be careful not to overwater them.
What kind of soil does a coriander kalmi need?
What temperature does a coriander kalmi like?
How should I fertilize my coriander kalmi ?
Apply any organic fertilizer like Vermicompost, Neem cake
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Saturday, 15 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in