About Savory Summer
Satureja montana, called winter savory, is a low-growing, woody-stemmed, somewhat-shrubby, spreading perennial which is frequently grown in herb gardens for its stiff, linear to lance-shaped, pungent, glossy, dark green leaves (to 1" long) which can be used fresh or dried as a seasoning in food.
|Common Name ||Summer savory|
|Height ||Up to 1.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Purple|
|Bloom Time ||June to August|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Plant lavender in full sun and well-drained soil (add organic matter to improve heavy soils)
- Water plants deeply but infrequently, when the soil is almost dry
- Prune in early spring or at harvest time
- For low-growing varieties, trim back foliage 1 to 2 inches
- Starting in a plant s second year, all 3- to 4-foot lavenders should be cut back by about a third to keep the plant from getting overly woody
Savory Summer care
- Plant approx 20 to 25 cm apart, as they grow to make sure they still have about 15 cm between the rows as they can grow quite bushy
- The seedlings can be thinned back at any stage and the trimmings can be used at virtually any time
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||25 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Savory Summer special feature
The leaves and stems of the sage plant also contain antioxidant enzymes.
Savory Summer uses
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do savory summer grow?
On average savory summer grows Up to 1.00 feet
What color are savory summer ?
A savory summer plant bears flowers of color Purple
How hard is savory summer to grow?
A savory summer is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a savory summer need?
A savory summer prefers Full sun to part shade
How much water does a savory summer need?
A savory summer prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a savory summer need?
What temperature does a savory summer like?
How should I fertilize my savory summer ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Monday, 16 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Thursday, 06 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in