It is a perennial shrub with a woody stem, greyish leaves, and blue-purple flower.
It is an essential addition to the herb garden and is very nice for growing in pots in patios to allow for quick access to the flavourful leaves.
|Common Name ||culinary sage|
|Height ||40 cm|
|Flower Colour ||Blue and lavender.|
|Bloom Time ||Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow.|
Planting and care
- Be sure to water the young plants until it is fully grown so that they do not dry out
Prune the heavy woody stem every spring
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade.|
|Watering ||Moderately |
|Soil ||Well-drained loamy soil.|
|Temperature ||25-30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer annually.|
|Harvest Season ||Year-round harvest of leaves.|
Sage special feature
Sage can be grown as a kitchen herb as well as an ornamental plant
- Fragrant leaves are used in potpourri
It can also be planted on ornamental bed or pot
- The leaves of sage are used to make medicines
- it is used for digestive problems including loss of appetite, gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, bloating and heartburn
- it is also used to reduce the overproduction of saliva and perspiration, and for memory loss and depression
- Broadleaf sage is used to flavor many meat, eggs, stuffing, vinegar and more
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do sage grow?
On average sage grows 40 cm
What color are sage ?
A sage plant bears flowers of color Blue and lavender.
How hard is sage to grow?
How much sunlight does a sage need?
A sage prefers Full sun to partial shade.
How much water does a sage need?
A sage prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a sage need?
What temperature does a sage like?
How should I fertilize my sage ?
Apply any organic fertilizer annually.
Sunday, 03 May 2020
Decent seeds. Germination rate could have been higher. Good sage variety. Survived well almost throughout the summer.
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Friday, 28 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in