It is a biennial grown as an annual.The short stem and upper part of the roots grow into a cream-green colored, round shape about 10-15 cm in diameter. The skin is textured and ridged. The flesh is creamy-white and firm but not as firm in texture as carrots.
|Common Name ||Turnip-rooted celery, celery root, knob celery|
|Height ||Up to 2 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White or pale yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Winter and early summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Don't cover the seeds with soil as they need sunlight to germinate
After sowing place them in warm area, prefer indoor
Apply some poultry manure to the soil
Prick the seedlings gently for transplanting
Prune excess top growth so the root will grow
Remove weeds timely
- Sow the seeds indoors as early as 8 to 10 weeks before the average last frost date in spring
- Celeriac may take 2 or 3 weeks to germinate
- Transplant the seedlings in bigger tray
- Shift them again to the open ground if wanted to
- Keep the 25 to 35 cm distance
- Celeriac requires 90 to 120 days to reach harvest
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||Fertile, organic rich, moisture retentive soil |
|Temperature ||17 to 26 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer including manure.|
|Harvest Season ||Cool weather|
Celeriac special feature
- Foliage is attractive and can be kept for an ornamental use
- It contains a great amount of nutrients and fibres
- It is edible raw or cooked
- Sliced celeriac occurs as an ingredient in soups, casseroles, and other savory dishes
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do celeriac grow?
On average celeriac grows Up to 2 feet
What color are celeriac ?
A celeriac plant bears flowers of color White or pale yellow
How hard is celeriac to grow?
A celeriac is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a celeriac need?
A celeriac prefers Full sun
How much water does a celeriac need?
A celeriac prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a celeriac need?
Fertile, organic rich, moisture retentive soil
What temperature does a celeriac like?
How should I fertilize my celeriac ?
Use any organic fertilizer including manure.
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Monday, 02 March 2020
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in