About Black Tomato
The most popular garden vegetable crop, tomatoes come in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and colors. Tomatoes are an incredibly versatile food. They are often considered as a vegetable, though ideally, they are a citrus fruit.
They are a rich source of Vitamin C and help in increasing your immunity. Not just this, tomatoes also provide several other vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper, all of which are necessary for good health.
The best part is that they can be eaten either raw, in salads, sandwiches or in vegetables.
|Common Name ||Tomato, Botanical name: Solanum lycopersicum |
|Height ||Up to 3 ft
|Flower Colour ||Yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Year round|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water generously for the first few days
Water well throughout growing season, about 2 inches per week during the summer
- Keep watering consistent!
Mulch five weeks after transplanting to retain moisture
To help tomatoes through periods of drought, find some flat rocks and place one next to each plant
- The rocks pull up water from under the ground and keep it from evaporating into the atmosphere
Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking
If using stakes, prune plants by pinching off suckers so that only a couple stems are growing per stake
Practice crop rotation from year to year to prevent diseases that may have over wintered
Black Tomato care
- Sowing season of tomato seeds in May - June, and November – December
- At the time of sowing use the potting mix as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat (1:1:1)
- After sowing, watering should be done
- Keep the potting mix moist in the germination period
|Sunlight ||Full sun, Partial sun|
|Soil ||Sandy loam soil. |
|Temperature ||20 to 35 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Fertilizer formulas such as 5-10-10 are good.
|Harvest Season ||Throughout the year|
Black Tomato special feature
The tomato plant is now grown commercially throughout the world.
Black Tomato uses
- Many standard cultivars are adapted for a variety of uses, including slicing, canning, and salads
- Italian or paste tomatoes are favorites for cooking, canning, and juicing
- Sweet bite-size tomatoes in a range of colors are very popular for salads or as snacks
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do black tomato grow?
On average black tomato grows Up to 3 ft
What color are black tomato ?
A black tomato plant bears flowers of color Yellow
How hard is black tomato to grow?
A black tomato is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a black tomato need?
A black tomato prefers Full sun, Partial sun
How much water does a black tomato need?
A black tomato prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a black tomato need?
What temperature does a black tomato like?
How should I fertilize my black tomato ?
Fertilizer formulas such as 5-10-10 are good.
Monday, 17 February 2020
Saturday, 10 February 2018
Very good awesome deal
Monday, 05 February 2018
My OrderNo: PSZ4025484< | Amt: 224
Summary : Black Tomato - Seeds & 1 more items in cart and but unable to make payment as your PAYMEnt SITE is not working.
Please log in to write a review. Log in