About German Chamomile
Easily grown in average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Performs well in light sandy soils. Tolerates light shade. Tolerates poor soils. Best with regular moisture.
|Common Name ||Matricaria recutita|
|Height ||1.00 to 2.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White rays with yellow center disk|
|Bloom Time ||June to August|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Light: Full sun to part shade Water: Keep the potting soil moist but never soggy
- Sandy, well-draining soil is best for chamomile
German Chamomile care
- German chamomile can be directly sown after all danger of frost has passed
- Direct sow in average but well drained soil in full sun at the recommended planting time
- Remove weeds and work organic matter into the top 6-8 inches of soil; then level and smooth
- Sow seeds evenly and cover with ¼ inches of fine soil
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Watering ||Dry to medium|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||70 degrees F.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
German Chamomile special feature
Numerous additional uses for this herb beyond tea include (a) culinary (addition to cream cheese, fruit preparations and salads), (b) cosmetic (add to compresses or floral waters), (c) medicinal (add to creams for treatment of minor inflammations, wounds or irritations of mouth or gums), (d) add to potpouris and (e) sachet pouch for bath water.
German Chamomile uses
- Unverified information Chamomilla is a widely recognized herb in Western culture
- Its medicinal usage dates back to antiquity where such notahles as Hippocrates, Galen, and Asclepius made written reference to it
- A common ingredient today in herbal teas because of its calming, carminative, and spasmolytic properties, it is also a popular ingredient in topical health and beauty products tor its soothing and anti-inflammarory effects on skin
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do german chamomile grow?
On average german chamomile grows 1.00 to 2.00 feet
What color are german chamomile ?
A german chamomile plant bears flowers of color White rays with yellow center disk
How hard is german chamomile to grow?
A german chamomile is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a german chamomile need?
A german chamomile prefers Full Sun
How much water does a german chamomile need?
A german chamomile prefers watering Dry to medium
What kind of soil does a german chamomile need?
What temperature does a german chamomile like?
How should I fertilize my german chamomile ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Friday, 13 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Thursday, 20 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in