Sesbania grandiflora also known as vegetable hummingbird, agati or hummingbird tree, is a small tree in the genus Sesbania.
Common name: agati sesbania, August flower, Australian corkwood tree, flamingo bill, grandiflora, sesban, swamp pea, tiger tongue
Color: Pale violet and dark purple
Bloom time: June to frost
Height: 0.50 to 1.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Large rose canes can be cut back by as much as two thirds, and smaller ones to within 6 to 12 inches of the ground.When you transplant your plants, be sure to dig a much bigger hole than you think you need and add plenty of organic matter such as compost or aged manure.
Sunlight: Part shade to full shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area.
- Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves.
- There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates.
- Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Excellent edging plant for beds, borders and shade/woodland gardens. Containers or window boxes.
- Bark is used for cooling (ayurvedha and siddha medicinal terms), bitter tonic, anthelmintic, febrifuge, diarrhea, Small pox, Astringent.
- Fruits in Bitter and acrid, laxative, fever, pain, bronchitis, anemia, tumors, colic, jaundice, poisoning.
- Root used in Rheumatism, Expectorant, Painful swelling, Catarrh.
for medicinal use
Friday, 13 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Friday, 07 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in