Kigelia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Bignoniaceae. The genus comprises only one species, Kigelia africana, which occurs throughout tropical Africa from Eritrea and Chad south to northern South Africa, and west to Senegal and Namibia.
Common name: Pyrus calleryana Chanticleer
Bloom time: April
Height: 25.00 to 35.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day. If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over. Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils (e.g., Madonna plants).
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Dry to medium
Temprature: 70 - 73 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall.
- All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
- Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot.
- Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants; these can be harvested and dried on screens, away from sunlight, then stored in an airtight container.
Symmetrically attractive narrow pyramidal shape makes this cultivar a good selection for smaller sites. Group or specimen. Small shade tree. May be used as a street tree.
- First off, sausage tree s fruits can be used in a traditional beer enjoyed by the Kikuyu people.
- The mature powdered fruit can be applied as a dressing in the treatment of wounds, abscesses, and ulcers.
- The green fruit can be used to make a poultice for syphilis.
- Medicinal Benefits Of Kigelia Africana.
for medicinal use
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Thursday, 05 March 2020
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in