About Cockscomb Red
Gomphrena is a warm-season annual plant. Butterflies are attacked on flowers. Gomphrena flower is used as a cut flower or dried flower. Dried flower is simply hanging them upside down in a well-ventilated place, and you will have colour to enjoy all winter.
|Common Name ||globe amaranth|
|Height || 1.00 to 2.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Red|
|Bloom Time ||June to frost|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow |
Planting and care
- Water in very dry conditions
Cockscomb Red care
- Sow gomphrena seeds as an indoor plant to get a head start, or outdoors where you want the plants to grow at about the time of your last spring frost
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||70 F to 75 F.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season ||June to frost|
Cockscomb Red special feature
Borders, rock gardens, cutting gardens, annual beds or containers. Also useful as an edge.
Cockscomb Red uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Plant is laxative, stomachic, carminative, astringent, depurative, emetic and good diuretic; found efficacious in renal dropsies and general anasarca
- Also used in coughs, pneumonia, rheumatism, piles, boils, skin eruptions, kidney stone and colic
- Note:Use only after consulting the specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do cockscomb red grow?
On average cockscomb red grows 1.00 to 2.00 feet
What color are cockscomb red ?
A cockscomb red plant bears flowers of color Red
How hard is cockscomb red to grow?
A cockscomb red is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a cockscomb red need?
A cockscomb red prefers Full Sun to Partial Shade
How much water does a cockscomb red need?
A cockscomb red prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a cockscomb red need?
What temperature does a cockscomb red like?
How should I fertilize my cockscomb red ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Tuesday, 11 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in