About Asparagus UC
Asparagus, or garden asparagus, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a spring vegetable, a flowering perennial plant species in the genus Asparagus.
|Common Name ||asparagus fern|
|Height || 2.00 to 3.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow |
Planting and care
- Till the soil for the asparagus bed to a depth of 1 foot using a mechanized tiller
- Add 2 inches of organic compost over the tilled soil and work it again to a depth of 1 foot with the tiller
If necessary, distribute the recommended amount of lime evenly over the tilled soil and work it again to a depth of 4 or 5 inches with the tiller
- rrigate the soil until moist to a depth of 8 inches
Check the depth of moistness by pressing a 10- to 12-inch-long wood skewer in the soil and measuring how far up the skewer the water reached
Asparagus UC care
- Start prepping your soil one year before transplanting wild asparagus
- Asparagus performs best when planted in an area with loose, well-drained, fertile, sandy loam or loamy soil with a pH level between 6
- 0 and 6
- 7; the area should receive eight hours of sunlight daily
- Present a soil sample to your county’s agricultural extension office and request a full analysis
|Sunlight || Partial Shade|
|Soil ||well-drained soil. pH 7 to 8|
|Temperature ||60 to 65 degrees |
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer |
|Harvest Season ||Generally speaking, a plant puts up a set of skinny spears first, then fat ones, then finishes with skinny ones|
Asparagus UC special featureWhere winter hardy, it may be grown in borders or along foundations. Forms an interesting ground cover. Use in pots, containers and hanging baskets.
Asparagus UC uses
- In Ayurvedic medicine, the root of Satavari is used in the form of juice, paste, decoction and powder to treat intrinsic haemorrhage, diarrhoea, piles, hoarseness of voice, cough, arthritis, poisoning, diseases of female genital tract, erysipelas, fever, as aphrodisiac and as rejuvinative
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do asparagus uc grow?
On average asparagus uc grows 2.00 to 3.00 feet
What color are asparagus uc?
A asparagus uc plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is asparagus uc to grow?
A asparagus uc is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a asparagus uc need?
A asparagus uc prefers Partial Shade
How much water does a asparagus uc need?
A asparagus uc prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a asparagus uc need?
well-drained soil. pH 7 to 8
What temperature does a asparagus uc like?
How should I fertilize my asparagus uc?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Monday, 10 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in