About Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh
Packed with rich nutrients, cauliflower or cabbage flower is one of the commonly used flower-vegetable. The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers. Botanically, it is a member of the cruciferous or brassicaceae family.
It has got a similar nutritional and phyto-chemistry profile with broccoli and cabbage. Several cultivars exist other than common snow-white variety, including green, orange, purple, and romanesco heads. You can eat cauliflower raw, steamed, stir-fried or cooked in casseroles. Lifecycle: annual, Biennial grown as an annual.
|Common Name ||Purple Cauliflower, Cauliflower Purple Sicily , Cauliflower Sicilian Violet , Cauliflower Violet Queen , Graffiti Cauliflower, Cavolfiore di Sicilia Violetto.Brassica oleracea(Botanical Name).|
|Height ||Height: 1 to 2 feet
Spread: 1.3 to 3 feet
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Winter|
|Difficulty Level ||Moderate to difficult|
Planting and care
- Make sure that the plants have uninterrupted growth
- Any interruption can cause the plants to develop a head prematurely or ruin the edible part completely
Cauliflower requires consistent soil moisture
- They need 1 to 1
- 5 inches of water each week; with normal rainfall, this usually requires supplement watering
For best growth, side-dress the plants with a nitrogen fertilizer
Note that the cauliflower will start out as a loose head and it takes time for the head to form
- Many varieties take at least 75 to 85 days from transplant
- Be patient
When the curd (the white head) is about 2 to 3 inches in diameter, tie the outer leaves together over the head with a rubber band, tape, or twine
- This is called blanching, and it protects the head from the sun and helps you get that pretty white colour
- The plants are usually ready for harvest 7 to 12 days after blanching
Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh care
- Most cauliflower varieties require about 2 months to mature, although some are a little quicker and others can take up to 3 months
- Since they will not form heads in warm weather and can only handle a light frost, be sure to choose a variety that will have enough time to mature in your climate
- That means a fast maturing variety, if your spring or fall is short
- Longer maturing varieties are good choices for gardeners with mild or late winters
|Sunlight ||Full sun, Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity. Light shade can be beneficial in warm weather.|
|Watering ||Cauliflower needs consistent moisture and plenty of water. Without sufficient water, the heads turn bitter.|
|Soil ||Requires well-drained soil, Prefers well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0 to 7.5. Can tolerate slightly alkaline soil. Needs plentiful, consistent moisture.|
|Temperature ||18 to 30°C|
|Fertilizer ||Since cauliflower takes so long to mature, some supplemental feeding will be necessary. Feed every 2 - 4 weeks with an organic fertilizer like kelp and fish emulsion.|
|Harvest Season ||When the heads are compact, white, and firm, then it is time to harvest them. Ideally, the heads will grow 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
Cut the heads off the plant with a large knife. Be sure to leave some of the leaves around the head to keep it protected.
If the heads are too small but have started to open up, they will not improve and should be harvested.
If the cauliflower has a coarse appearance, it is too mature and should be tossed.
If you want to store cauliflower, you can put the head in a plastic bag and store it in the refrigerator. It should last for about a week.For long-term storage, you can also freeze or pickle the heads.|
Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh special featureCauliflower is a cool-season crop and a descendant of the common cabbage. It is more difficult to than its relatives because it does not tolerate the heat or cold as well. For this reason, cauliflower is usually grown commercially.
Cauliflower F1 Him Daksh uses
- It is very low in calories
- 100 g of the fresh cauliflower head provides only 26 calories
- Nevertheless, it comprises of several health-benefiting antioxidants and vitamins in addition to be very low in fat and contains no cholesterol
- Its florets contain about 2 g of dietary fiber per 100 g; providing about 5% of recommended value
- Cauliflower contains several anti-cancer phyto-chemicals like sulforaphane and plant sterols such as indole-3-carbinol, which appears to function as an anti-estrogen agent
- Together these compounds have proven benefits against prostate, breast, cervical, colon, ovarian cancers by virtue of their cancer-cell growth inhibition, cytotoxic effects on cancer cells
- Fresh cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C; 100 g provides about 48
- 2 mg or 80% of daily recommended value
- Vitamin-C is a proven antioxidant helps fight against harmful free radicals, boosts immunity and prevents from infections and cancers
- It contains good amounts of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as folates, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (B3) as well as vitamin K
- These vitamins is essential in the sense that body requires them from external sources to replenish and required for fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism
- The thick, oval leaves have a pronounced mid-rib and veins
- The leaves and stem of cauliflower are both edible
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do cauliflower f1 him daksh grow?
On average cauliflower f1 him daksh grows Height: 1 to 2 feet
Spread: 1.3 to 3 feet
What color are cauliflower f1 him daksh ?
A cauliflower f1 him daksh plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is cauliflower f1 him daksh to grow?
A cauliflower f1 him daksh is Moderate to difficult
How much sunlight does a cauliflower f1 him daksh need?
A cauliflower f1 him daksh prefers Full sun, Can tolerate light shade but will slow maturity. Light shade can be beneficial in warm weather.
How much water does a cauliflower f1 him daksh need?
A cauliflower f1 him daksh prefers watering Cauliflower needs consistent moisture and plenty of water. Without sufficient water, the heads turn bitter.
What kind of soil does a cauliflower f1 him daksh need?
Requires well-drained soil, Prefers well-drained, fertile soil high in organic matter, pH 6.0 to 7.5. Can tolerate slightly alkaline soil. Needs plentiful, consistent moisture.
What temperature does a cauliflower f1 him daksh like?
How should I fertilize my cauliflower f1 him daksh ?
Since cauliflower takes so long to mature, some supplemental feeding will be necessary. Feed every 2 - 4 weeks with an organic fertilizer like kelp and fish emulsion.
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in