About Bitter Gourd Jhalri Long
Bitter gourd plant is a fast growing creeper and is from the family of vines. It is also known as the nutritious gourd and bitter melon. Bitter gourd plants vary shape, size and colour.
|Common Name ||Bitter gourd, Bitter melon, Bitter cucumber, Karela (Hindi), Balsam pear, Balsam apple|
|Height ||Bitter melon produces vines that grow 13 to 16 feet long.|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Year round|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Watering should b done when the soil feels dry
- Once fully dried, the fruit will open and you can collect the white or brown colour seeds for further sowing
Bitter Gourd Jhalri Long care
- Raised the beds of 120cm width (120 cm) Seeds are sown at 2 x 1
- 5 m spacing
- Irrigation is done in the beds
- Seeds are soak in water over night before sowing for better germination
|Sunlight ||Partial to full sun|
|Watering ||Keep soil consistently moist. Like other squash or melons, bitter melon fruits develop best when soil moisture remains even. |
|Soil ||Soil should be fertile, but well-drained, with a pH of 5.5 to 6.7|
|Temperature ||15 to 30°C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Tender and young fruits are harvested.|
Bitter Gourd Jhalri Long special feature
Bitter gourd is cultivated extensively throughout India.
Bitter Gourd Jhalri Long uses
- Bitter gourd lowers blood glucose levels
Bitter gourd lowers dietary carbohydrate digestion
- Bitter gourd reduces the amount of glucose that is released into the blood by inhibiting the enzymes that break down disaccharides to two monosaccharides
- Bitter gourd plant insulin discovered and reverses insulin resistance
- Bitter gourd helps weight loss
- To prepare bitter melon, slice the fruit open and remove seeds and pith, do not peel
- Beginners to bitter melon may parboil the fruit to lessen bitterness, although aficionados say this changes the texture too much
Typically bitter melon is stuffed, pickled, or curried and served with meat or in soup
- The fruit pairs well with other strong flavours, like garlic, Chinese black beans, chilli peppers, or coconut milk
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do bitter gourd jhalri long grow?
On average bitter gourd jhalri long grows Bitter melon produces vines that grow 13 to 16 feet long.
What color are bitter gourd jhalri long ?
A bitter gourd jhalri long plant bears flowers of color Yellow
How hard is bitter gourd jhalri long to grow?
A bitter gourd jhalri long is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a bitter gourd jhalri long need?
A bitter gourd jhalri long prefers Partial to full sun
How much water does a bitter gourd jhalri long need?
A bitter gourd jhalri long prefers watering Keep soil consistently moist. Like other squash or melons, bitter melon fruits develop best when soil moisture remains even.
What kind of soil does a bitter gourd jhalri long need?
Soil should be fertile, but well-drained, with a pH of 5.5 to 6.7
What temperature does a bitter gourd jhalri long like?
How should I fertilize my bitter gourd jhalri long ?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Monday, 02 March 2020
Wednesday, 19 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in