About Turnip Purple Top
This annual vegetable shows a height up to 1 to 3 inches. The roots are smooth and nearly round with purple color on top.
|Common Name ||Turnip purple top|
|Height ||Up to 15 inches|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants
Keep the soil moist but not over-watered
Monitor for pests and diseases and apply an organic solution at first
Mulch heavily in the fall to keep the ground soft
Turnip Purple Top care
- Start in the spring and again in late summer
- Prepare 8 inches bed
- Sow a half an inch to 1 inch deep and half a foot apart
- Press lightly and keep evenly moist
Seedlings may emerge in 7-14 days
- Sow them when the temperature is 60 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||Light, loosened deeply, and free of stones|
|Temperature ||18 to 26 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Prefer an organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||For turnip greens, pick 4 weeks after sowing.|
Turnip Purple Top special feature
The color of a vegetable
Turnip Purple Top uses
- It contains the good amount of vitamin C
- Young leaves used to make the classic cooked southern greens
- The seedlings are also delicious on top of sandwiches or salads
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do turnip purple top grow?
On average turnip purple top grows Up to 15 inches
How hard is turnip purple top to grow?
A turnip purple top is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a turnip purple top need?
A turnip purple top prefers Full sun
How much water does a turnip purple top need?
A turnip purple top prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a turnip purple top need?
Light, loosened deeply, and free of stones
What temperature does a turnip purple top like?
How should I fertilize my turnip purple top ?
Prefer an organic fertilizer.
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Monday, 02 March 2020
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in